Flash Family Supports Momma Jude
I have to share an amazing story about our Flash 15U Team. Please let me give you some background.
In January of this year, my mother, Judy Curry, was diagnosed with Stage III Inflammatory Breast Cancer.
She began chemo treatments every Wednesday for 16 weeks straight at the Stefanie Spielman Breast Cancer
Center at Ohio State University. During this time, my family purchased t-shirts that read "On Wednesday's We
Wear Pink For Momma Jude" to show our support for my mom. We weren't fund raising, just showing support.
Once friends and co-workers saw our shirts, they decided to purchase them and show their support as well.
On Wednesday, July 15th, our 15U Flash Team was playing in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina at the Cal Ripken
Experience. When my husband and I approached the field we were playing on, we noticed several players with
pink shirts and thought we had gone to the wrong field. We then saw Coach Shawn Whisman who looked at us
giving us the thumbs-up. At that moment, I noticed Coach Whisman's shirt was the identical shirt that my family
had purchased in support of my mom. The team, coaches and parents had gotten in touch with my sister and
everyone ordered the shirts and were wearing them in support of my mom and our family without my knowledge.
The boys each had their numbers on the shirts and they wore them throughout the two games that we played that day.
Needless to say, I was overwhelmed by their act of kindness and a lot of tears were shed. We were approached by
other coaches, parents from other teams, and umpires who were touched by our Flash Family showing their support
for one of their own. We learned so much more about each other that day. It wasn't just about winning or losing a
My son has been a part of Coach Whisman's team since he started the team three years ago. I cannot begin to tell
you how grateful my family is to be a part of such a wonderful organization. When Coach Whisman says "We at Flash
are Family" he truly means it. We share in each other's triumphs as well as each other's pain.
Kelly L. McCaleb
Pitching lessons available
with Xaxier Univ. pitcher
Call Brad @ 937-515-3291 or
send him an email email@example.com
The Flash Baseball Complex is located east of Cincinnati in Hamersville, Ohio. From I-275 Exit 65 it is an 18.5 mile drive east on State Route 125 (Beechmont Ave.) to right on Drake Road. The Flash Complex entrance is on the right just past the Flash Lodge (10645 Drake Road). The Complex hosts Tournaments every weekend April thru mid-July.
The Complex is beautiful (Flash Complex Map) (Complex Photo Gallery) and includes:
- Ten fields with wood fences and grass infields. Seven of the fields have and roofs with misting systems that make the temperature 15 degrees cooler than the actual temperature.double deck stadiums
- Three concession stands, restaurant and a climate controlled dining area. The restaurant provides a variety of food choices, including a build-to-order Mexican burrito option as well as other healthy alternatives.
- Air conditioned with games, pool tables and TV’s. You can dine in this area while the kids have fun, or rent it for a private function.arcade
- Complimentary outdoor batting cages and grassy areas for player warm up and soft tossing.
- with a beach area .Chlorinated swimming hole
- well stocked with various species of fish.19 acre lake
- Basketball court for some action between tournament games.
- Indoor, climate control turfed (>5,500 sq. ft.) and netted training facility available for rental. This area will allow your players to do some individual batting and/or pitching practice as well as running of drills and fielding exercises. To reserve a specific time prior to your arrival at the Flash Complex, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the tournament director area to reserve and pay for your time once you are at the Facility.
- Indoor batting cage area available for rental. Our machines with automatic ball return are located adjacent to our indoor turfed training facility and are air-conditioned. To reserve a specific time prior to your arrival at the Flash Complex, please e-mail email@example.com or visit the tournament director area to reserve and pay for your time once you are at the Facility.
- The Flash Lodge located on Drake Road is an awesome option for accommodations for a tournament weekend. The Lodge will easily sleep 22 individuals and includes a kitchen, dining room, living room, family room, three private bedrooms, a lower level dorm area with eight sets of bunk beds, detached shower house and a washer/dryer in lower level. There is a nice concrete patio with gas grill as well as large wooden deck with chairs. The house has three flat screen TV’s all equipped with DirecTV. Weekends get booked fast so don’t delay--contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Pamela & I welcome you to our Farm and baseball complex. From the moment you arrive you will be treated as our cherished guest. We
will escort you back in time to an old fashioned atmosphere where you will rejoice with us and celebrate these young warriors that love
this game of baseball. Our attention to detail in every area will help burn a memory for your family.”
Owners, Michael and Pamela Daly
Flash 16u -- Coach Whisman This exceptional team is looking for a few additional players. Contact Coach Whisman to schedule a tryout 513-532-4408.updated: August 14th, 2015
Interested in trying out for a Flash team.
Check out our tryout dates under each individual team. updated: July 23rd, 2015
click here for the CABA Registration Form